Friday, September 12, 2014

The Little Card That Would

Trees are some of my favorite things in nature, and they are for my younger daughter, too.  I made this card for her to mark a special day. Now I am using it again to introduce my paper crafts to the blogging world.  I'm going out on a limb here...


Sometimes I think I am terribly original with my designs, but mostly I am inspired by samples I see in crafting publications. I see this spotlight technique used in a variety of ways on cards, and I really like its simplicity. When you highlight one detail of a design, it brings the eye right where you want it first, and then you look at the entire image. 

I hope to share my hobby a card or two at a time. I have been stamping and making cards for almost 16 years. I love these tactile, mini, artistic endeavors. When I am making cards or "playing with my stamps" I get lost in the details of paper texture, ink colors, and layout design. I tend to forget about everything else, except the person who will receive my card, and that's why I call them my hand made prayers.  

Card details:  Folded card is 5 1/2 X 4 1/4; white card stock.  I stamped the tree image (©Holly Berry House) first on green card stock with dark green ink, stamped it a second time with dark brown ink on light brown paper; cut out only the trunk; pasted it over the green image. I stamped the image one more time with dark green ink on white card stock; colored it with Prismacolor colored pencils; used a circle punch to cut out the bird and leaves; trimmed one segment to be flush with the green card stock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment