Tuesday, December 9, 2014

December Birthday Cards

Holidays and seasons are easy jumping off points for birthday card designs. I have made a star spangled card for someone with a July 4th birthday. I have used hearts in abundance for those fun valentine birthdays. My birthday even falls on Thanksgiving every seven years, and a cornucopia does make a lovely image on the front of a card.  But on these occasions the birthday theme still tops them all. 




December birthday cards deserve more cupcakes, balloons, and bright colors to set them apart from the holiday that envelopes the month. I have a number of friends with a birthday in December, and I won't sneak in a birthday wish with the elves and Santa, and I steer clear of red and green. They know I am celebrating their special day – when I remember to send them a card, that is. Hmm, maybe this year I will send them all a link to my blog.  

Card Details: Finished cards 4 1/4' x 5 3/4"; card stock, stamps, ink, and ribbons by Stamping' Up; printed paper by DCWV.  Balloons on the blue card are done by repeat stamping without re-inking. Cake on the pink card is stamped twice; once with pale pink then stamped over with a medium pink.  

No comments:

Post a Comment