Thursday, May 31, 2018

Adirondack Chair Cards

Five months after my husband and I began dating he went on vacation with his family to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. To my surprise he brought me back an Adirondack chair from a local shop. After Robert and I were married his parents told me that's when they knew their son was in a serious relationship. :-) I bought a matching chair a few months later so we could each have one, and they are still on our porch. 

Our anniversary is a wonderful reason to return to my blog. (I really didn't think it had been an entire year since I last posted!) I made these cards earlier this week with an embossing stencil and colored them with pastel chalks. I did not plan for the first one to be an anniversary card, but that's the great thing about this hobby – all I had to do was add the sentiment when I realized I had a great memory to share on our anniversary. It's just right for him.

Happy 21st Anniversary dear Robert! 
Now I have to decide which of your parents will receive the birthday card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment