Monday, February 9, 2015

A Reel Card

Happy 50th Birthday to my dear sweet husband. I can't wait to see his expression when he opens this card.  It's always fun (because it's so rare) to have a stamp just for his cards. This reel looks like those among his fishing gear; plus I used green ink - his favorite color. It's a winner all around.  

Robert loves to fish with his Dad and brother, and since the reel is a better image than a lot of the "masculine" stamps I own, I will use it for them, as well as, for future OWH cards. Yes, the challenge is to use the same image with a variety of techniques. I will do just that, and post them here – next year on his birthday if not before. 



In fact, if he didn't love to fish, we might not have married. Robert said he moved to Virginia Beach (where we met) in order to fish more. Hmm... I think I have an idea for an anniversary card...


Card Details: Folded card 4 1/4" x 5 3/4" vanilla cardstock; reel (Deep Red Clingstamps); HB (Stamping' Up); olive green chalk ink (Colorbox); olive and gray cardstock (SU); printed origami paper (Sterling Innovation); Washi tape (Wamon).

No comments:

Post a Comment