Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My First OWH Cards

Operation Write Home is an organization that supports US armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to deployed units for them to write home on. Here is the link to their website: http://operationwritehome.org

Since 2007 OWH has sent over three million cards. Does that number blow you mind like it does mine? Three million cards were made by hand. That's a whole lot of stamping and crafting! I found out about OWH in October and feel a little like I'm arriving late to a party, but since our armed forces are serving all over the world and will be for some time, I know it's not too late to get involved.  I grew up in a military family, and I am very excited about using my hobby to thank our heroes for serving our country. 




My first batch of cards is going in the mail to OWH by the end of the week. I have had a good time creating the designs; minding the details; and praying over the senders and recipients. 


Stamp Credits: 
W Card - Stampin' Up; Hampton Art Stamps
Car, Reel, Thank You - Deep Red Clingstamps; Stamping' Up
Ice Cream - Stampin' Up; Craft Smart
Banners - Recollections; Craft Smart

2 comments:

  1. selfless giving ... yep, that's you! VERY nice work Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! You are so not late to the party! OWH is a great organization with wonderful volunteers! I have been donating my cards for several years and there is so much support from other card makers and lots of challenges and tutorials! I love your patriotic thank you cards and the cards at the back with the cars-- fabulous--- guy cards are my biggest challenge!!! Thanks for your support of our troops!!!

    ReplyDelete