Monday, November 23, 2015

Giving Thanks Card

On Sunday our pastor challenged us to thank someone for making a difference in our lives, so I will. Three months after we moved to Georgia I joined a Bible study and made my first friends in my new neighborhood. Each week we met at the same house, and Janet's knack for hospitality genuinely transformed my "new mom on the block" emotions to "this is where I belong" confidence. Thirteen years later we are still meeting weekly. We rotate houses now, and the group morphs depending on children and jobs, though three of us haven't missed a year. I am so very thankful for the women who have invited me into their homes and lives all these years. I hope your Thanksgiving holiday will either remind you of or allow you time with the people who define where you belong. 


Happy Thanksgiving from my house to yours. 


Card Details: House, leaf stamps, and paper by Stampin' Up; Leaf punch by Fiskars

No comments:

Post a Comment