Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Cards for A, D, G, and L

My dilemma today is whether to write about the women for whom I made the cards or explain my inspiration for the design. Since I mentioned them both...

D and A are my younger daughter's church group leaders. They are twins and have committed to meeting with this bunch of girls every Sunday throughout their four years of high school. G and L have been with my older daughter for three years now. Talk about giving a mother's heart some peace of mind! I am beyond grateful both my girls have strong, faith-filled, adult women to speak wisdom into their lives when they may not want to listen to me.


Would you believe a one layer card with a floral background inspired my design? I tried covering a white card front with letters, but consistently stamping them straight on a larger area wasn't happening. I did not want to give up my idea of using last name initials as a background for a bolder, first name capital letter, so I limited the space and added layers. And, I do love a textured background. Ta da!  



Remember my blog post about fonts from January? 
Well, I am happy to end the year jamming with fonts, too.



Card Details: Alphabet stamps by Stampin' Up; Inkadinkado; and Hero Arts.



No comments:

Post a Comment