Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Process of a Card

Inspiration or intention. It's what drives the creative process. Sometimes I need to make a birthday card, and sometimes I want to try a new technique. Today's post is all about inspiration. On Sunday one of my cards was featured on Kathy Racoosin's blog The Daily Marker. Thank you, Kathy! She highlighted so many beautiful cards from her fourth 30 Day Coloring Challenge, that I am inspired to keep coloring every day, try a few more new techniques, and when I can, put some extra time into making special cards.  

I colored these leaves with the intention of them being the background for the flowers –
like greenery in a floral arrangement. I added other leaves, too, but ended up not liking the background, so I cut out the blue and green ones. 

I heat embossed the flowers with clear powder on watercolor paper,
and I used a water brush with my watercolor pencils to color them.
I added the blue background to make the outline easier to see when I cut them out.
Plus I was just having fun with the water brush! 

Because I saw several pretty cards with details and layers on The Daily Marker blog,
I was inspired to spend some time getting this one to look just right.



Stamp Credits: leaves by Impression Obsession; flowers by Stamp It!; flower pot by Stampin' Up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment