Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Cards for Scraps

I was looking for a simple card design that would translate well into masculine birthday cards. I found this card sketch on Pinterest. The original crafter used ribbon pieces around her circle, and I decided to hunt through my box of scraps for dark or neutral colors. It's typical that the first card I made is not in the least bit masculine! I gravitated towards this one last piece of bright paisley and didn't stop until I said, "Oh darn! That's not for a man."
Sentiment by Paper Smooches is heat embossed with black ink and clear powder on glossy white card stock.

So I looked through that fun heap of scraps and pulled out the one last square of fleur-de-lis big enough to cut out five banners. Nothing says "guy" like navy blue, right? Now, this is one of a kind, because I don't have any of that paper left. 

I made a few more cards using up scraps for both the background and the banners. Now I have a handful of general birthday cards, and I used some yummy bits of paper to do it. That makes me a happy stamper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment