Wednesday, April 6, 2016

One Stamp Three Cards

My story for today's cards is I don't have a story! I've decided if I don't have a good story to tell, then I will make three cards featuring one stamp, because that is always a worthwhile endeavor. This week I pulled out a stamp I had not used before. That happens sometimes – in a set of stamps there is one that gets overlooked. Three ideas immediately came to mind, but the finished results are always a surprise. 

I have seen this technique of white pencil coloring on craft cardstock done by a few crafters on Instagram, and I really, really like it. I used Prismacolor pencils to color the images, added a thin line of washi tape at the bottom, then mounted the Simon Says Stamp die cut "thanks" using craft foam. The stamp image is by Stampin' Up. 
I began with a wash of rainbow colors on watercolor paper then heat embossed the flowers with versamark ink and gold embossing powder. I heat embossed the sentiment (by Stampin' Up) with black ink and clear powder. Ribbon was added for texture and to hide a flower that didn't turn out right. My card crafting motto: There is no such thing as a mistake, just an opportunity for embellishment. 
I used a blender pen and water based markers to color the image before I cut it out. The card sketch came from Lori Tecler on Instagram. I happily give credit if I am borrowing from someone else's creativity. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp! 
I can safely say I will not be overlooking this stamp again!

No comments:

Post a Comment