Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Dreamy Cards


"Dreamy" is what Penny Black calls this slapstick/cling stamp. I know I didn't look at the name when I purchased it. The simplicity of the flower caught my eye, and the image on the packaging – alone in shades of blue, green, and purple made me buy it. (Kudos to the marketing team.) The first time I made a card with this stamp I used those same colors.  

It's such a cool flower. I could whip up simple cards all day long by changing the color of the petals, but I like the challenge of mixing up how I use an image. For this set of cards I did not change the color scheme for two reasons. First, it saves time simply because the decision is already made, and second, the same colors require me to be more creative, because how I use the stamp is what makes the difference, not so much the color, paper, or embellishments.  
Dreamy (flower) by Penny Black; Joy stamp by Inkadinkado; Peach Ombré ink by Hero Arts;
Babmboo Leaves Ink by Memento; nesting frames dies by Lifestyle Crafts
Border made with Dreamy (flower) by Penny Black using peach ombré ink by Hero Arts;
sentiment by Stampendous using basic grey ink by Stampin' Up.
Fussy cut Dreamy (flower) by Penny Black with peach ombré ink and mount with leaves, Happy Birthday stamps by Simon Says Stamp! using the three ombré ink colors by Hero Arts and bamboo leaves ink by Memento. 

I usually don't think of flowers as dreamy, but this stamp makes me daydream about creating cards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment