Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Coloring Cards

Coloring is not easy for me, nor is it the stress relieving antidote all those coloring book publishers would have me believe. If it's not a tree or a flower, I have to think a lot about what colors I want to put where. And the shadows! The shadows are tricky little details that I really want in the correct spot. So... for the past 30 days I have been coloring and participating in the 30 Day Coloring Challenge put on by Kathy Racoosin at The Daily Marker

Every day in February I would check out the #thedailymarker30day on Instagram and see what I could learn from all the talented colorists and card makers out there. I have watched YouTube tutorials and read blog posts. I practiced shading; I blended chalks; I mixed up dye inks and watercolor paints; and I layered on color with colored pencils. (I have no skill with markers!)

Poppies by Unity Stamp Co. and sentiment by Hero Arts
Stars by Stampin' Up and sentiment by Stampabilities. 
Butterfly and sentiment by Rubbernecker Stamps and poppy by Unity Stamp Co. 
Dresses and buttons by Stampin' Up.
The challenge was only to color every day, but during the last week I made sure to complete a card each day. I am very proud of what I've done and learned. It wasn't easy, but the time spent coloring was worth it. Now, I can relax...until the next challenge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment