Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Summertime Card

Is there a quintessential Summertime song? One immediately came to mind when I decided to include song lyrics in today's blog, but then I found this article in Rolling Stone magazine and decided there are two. 

"In the Summertime" by Mungo Jerry, 1970. 

When the weather's fine
We go fishin' or go swimmin' in the sea
We're always happy
Life's for livin' yeah, that's our philosophy
Sing a long with us 
Dee dee dee-dee dee
Dah dah dah-dah dah
Yeah we're hap-happy


"School's Out" by Alice Cooper, 1972

No more pencils no more books
No more teacher's dirty looks
Out for Summer
Out till fall
We might not come back at all
School's out forever
School's out for summer

Tomorrow is the last day of school here, and I'm sure it's not far behind for everyone else. So, think about this and get back to me. Let me know what I should be singing in the 21st century. 


No comments:

Post a Comment