Friday, January 6, 2017

Banner Cards

Happy 2017! With the new year I return to my weekly blog. August claimed my last post, because I was happily lost in my 2016 project of writing a letter a day. You can see how that progressed and many of my cards on Instagram @lettersarebetter. And speaking of progress: I changed the name of my blog from Letters Are Better-Handmade to A Handmade Prayer. Now the name and web address (and my purpose) match.

I have missed my blog, so the goal for me this year is to post cards once a week (and I will mail one, too). Each week I plan to show two or three cards using a stamp or a design aspect in different ways. I find this sort of challenge my favorite way to stir up creativity. 

Dog by Magenta Stamps; thanks by Paper Smooches.
What would you do with a dog head stamp?
Birthday stamp and banner dies by Stampin' Up.
Stitched border by Pretty Pink Posh.
The card is three inches wide, which shows off the banners better.
I can't identify the stamp or the circle die, but I can tell you
this will be my husband's Valentine card next month.
 <3

I hope 2017 has started out with a bang 
and ends up a banner year for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment