Friday, January 13, 2017

Snowflake Cards

As I type, the outdoor thermometer reads 68º, which is one degree warmer than our inside thermometer! It is January though, and that demands snowflake cards. Okay, "demands" is a strong word, but we did have snow and ice over the weekend, so my card crafting was inspired. Yes, I do appreciate the seasons and the holidays (and their color palettes) as creative muses. 
Stitched edges dies by Paper Smooches; polar bear by Memory Box;
sentiment by Simon Says Stamp; snowflake punch by Martha Stewart;
I used glossy paper for those. 
Snowflake embossing folder by Darice; fox by Hero Arts; sentiment by My Favorite Things.
I used a dauber to add color to the back side of the embossed snowflakes,
which makes the white stand out, and I heat embossed the fox with silver embossing powder.
Sentiment by Unity Stamps; snowman by Stampin' Up.
The snowman is a kit with many individual parts; this card took longer
than I expected, because I played around with whether he needed stick arms. 

I wonder what my January cards would look like if I lived in the Southern Hemisphere? 

No comments:

Post a Comment