Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A 95th Birthday Card

Yesterday was Aunt Janice's 95th birthday.  She is my father-in-law's oldest sister.  If you talk to her for any length of time you will hear the story of how she recently renewed her driver's license and wasn't even asked to take the eye exam!  I'm not sure if that is a scary thought or an amazing accomplishment, but there are other things about Aunt Janice that inspire me.  When I first met her about 15 years ago at the wonderful age of 80 she was walking three miles a day.  At the fabulous age of 90 she finally took her doctor's advice and stopped mowing her own lawn!  What???  

My favorite thing about Aunt Janice is the relationship she has with her sister Jean.  They can tag team a conversation and rip on each other like, well, like they've been doing it all their lives.  It's a wonder to behold, and better yet, my husband and I swear we see Aunt Janice & Aunt Jean 2.0 in our own two girls.  




What do you send someone on her 95th birthday?  Flowers, of course. 
Happy Birthday, Aunt Janice!



Card Details: Finished card 4 1/4" x 5 3/4" folded white cardstock; stamp swirl (Hero Arts) on card front in More Mustard ink (Stamping' Up); I stamped large flower (SU) on light blue paper with brilliant white pigment ink and heat embossed with clear detail powder. (I was expecting the flower to show up more white, but I like the watermark effect.) Cut out flower and adhere to card.  Stamp violets (Inkadinkado) in tangerine ink, cut out and adhere to card; use mounting tape with one.  The light blue flower with navy blue center is made with a two-step stamp set from Japan. (The box is written in Japanese characters; so I cannot give a product credit.) Add pearl embellishments. Stamp and die cut happy birthday banner (SU) and adhere to card.

No comments:

Post a Comment