Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Time for Thank You Cards

"Mom, do you write thank-you notes?", asked one of my daughters last week. She didn't ask if I had written them yet, just if I wrote them. I was a bit stunned by the question. I didn't ask her why she asked me, but I paused before I answered. I don't know what was going through her mind, and honestly only a couple of seconds past before I responded. (Funny, how an idea for a blog brings so many questions to mind.)

Hasn't she been sitting at craft tables with me since she she could first hold a crayon? Wasn't I the one who taught her how to write them? Did she really think I didn't write them? Does she think I steal her creative ideas for nothing? Maybe she's hoping when she's grown up she won't have to write them any more? Maybe she was hinting that I needed to write mine, since she was almost finished?  Who knows? 





This wasn't the time for sarcasm, nor does it suit me, so I answered, "Yes, I sure do!"


Card Details: Finished cards 4" x 5 1/4" folded, speckled confetti card stock; folded card is mounted on colored card stock with a 1/8" border; punch a 1" wide strip of paper with dots border (EK Tools); stamp sentiments directly onto the card front (Thank You by Stamp It! and Thanks by Stampin' Up); stamp images (Magenta) using night of navy ink (Stampin' Up) on confetti paper; trim and adhere to blue, then pink paper; then place on card front.


No comments:

Post a Comment