Friday, February 3, 2017

Washi Paper Cards

My dilemma with making cards with washi paper is this: All I really want to do is adhere this regal rectangle on color coordinating cardstock and say, "Viola!" (or the Japanese equivalent). That's a funny thing for a card maker to say, but I would rather let the paper speak for itself. 

The Rare Orchid has a tantalizing array of washi papers and tapes, and I mean to compliment them in my cards with as little intrusion as possible. I couldn't even bring myself to cut a second piece of paper this week to show off another of their designs. However, I do think the different background colors with this washi paper give each card a unique tone.

Cotton Candy Dreams is the name of this paper.
The sentiment is by Honey Bee Stamps in the Beautiful Life set.
Courage sentiment is by Unity Stamp Co.
Oh, and speaking of letting the paper speak for itself; it is not just washi paper. It's "Fine Japanese Hand-Silkscreened Chiyogami Yuzen Washi Paper". 

No comments:

Post a Comment