Friday, March 31, 2017

The Cure for Anything Card

When I first heard this wonderful quote I assumed it had to have been written by a woman. When I found the stamp at a show last summer, I was a bit surprised to see a man given the credit. So I looked him up and I am learning this as I type – Isak Dinesen is a pseudonym of Karen Christence Dinesen, Baroness Blixen-Finecke. She also used the name Pierre Andrézel. She lived from 1885-1962 which explains (sadly) why she wrote under men's names. Oh, but a bit of joy to discover, that indeed, a woman would know the cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea. 

The quote stamp is by Verses Rubber Stamps;
the girls above and the boats below are older stamps by Stampin' Up. 
                            

Her notable memoir is Out of Africa, and now I believe there is a movie I need to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment